Saturday, May 12, 2007

A survey of sorts

Do this, either here in the comments or on your own blog, because I'm trying my hand at writing one of these survey things and food seems like a safe enough topic. The answers are my own.
~Rootietoot

1.Sweet or salty? Salty, preferably in the form of something fried. And potatoes. Salty fried potatoes. Yes indeed.

2.What's your favorite go-to food when you're hungy and there's nothing obviously wanting to be eaten? A can of tuna splashed with lemon juice and hot sauce (open the can first)and eaten on Triscuits. I always have canned tuna and triscuits.

3.Ribs- beef or pork? Beef, slow cooked over wood and basted with a sweet-smoky sauce. Lots of them, with grilled corn and baked beans.

4.It's your birthday, and someone has offered to cook your perfect meal. What do you choose? Snow crab legs with lemon juice and butter, roasted yellow corn with chili-lime butter, and grilled asparagus. Fresh cherry cobbler for dessert, with whipped cream. I like it because it's all finger food (not the cobbler), and it all takes a certain amount of effort to eat, inviting everyone to sit and take their time over the meal.

5. Cake or pie? Pie, fruit, cherry or peach.

6.Would you rather cook or clean up? Cook, but I kind of clean up as I go along, so there's not much to do after we're done eating.

7.Apron or towel? Apron unless they're all dirty (I am one of those cooks who slings things around and makes a mess), then I tuck a towel into my waistband. My favorite apron says "Life is too short to cook for you people."

8.Napkins- paper or cloth? Cloth- they make me feel civilized. That's important when you live in a house full of heathens.

9.Dishes- mix n match or all of a set? Set. Refer to previous answer.

10.If you could have a party, how many and who famous would you invite? No more than 15, and famous? Define famous. Someone famous as in a celebrity that everyone knows but no one likes? Or someone who's well known in their field? Give me a highly accomplished person who's a humanitarian and humble enough to laugh at themself. I'd do that. Albert Einstein, or maybe Ghandi. But not Rosie O Donnell and certainly not Tom Cruise. Maybe that Werner guy who does the Chrysler commercials- with the German accent and huge mustache. Candace Pert- for sure. Maybe Dr Phil but I don't know what his humility quotient is.

I just made this up, with no rhyme nor reason...

No comments: