Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Guess what's for supper!

Sometimes I don't feel like cooking. Hard to believe, I know! But, sometimes, I just...don't. Like today, for example. It's just the 2 of us, and the thought of hauling out pots and heating up the kitchen for just 2 people is not appealing right now.

So, I have a Code, to tell SD when I'm wanting someone else to do the cooking and cleanup. I don't use it often, because cooking is great fun! But I do use it occasionally and he's generally happy to oblige, given the alternative. It goes like this:

SD:"Hey, whats for supper?"
RT: "Tuna casserole"
SD: "so, where'dya like to eat tonight?"

So, what's your favorite recipe for Tuna Casserole?

5 comments:

Northern_Girl said...

Hahaha! Good one - good code!

My recipe for tuna casserole - like most of my recipes - is a "What'sinthecupboardOHthislooksgood-I'llthrowitin"

It includes egg noodles, celery, onion, cream of mushroom soup, lots of tuna, lots of cheese and usually something crunchy like potato chips (mashed up) and other sutff. And I'm usually the only one that eats it; no one likes tuna in my house but me.

antiprincess said...

My mom made "macaroni and tuna", comprising some kind of noodles, a can of tuna, white american cheese, a little milk, some frozen green peas if she thought I wouldn't pitch a fit. cook noodles, drain, add the rest of the ingredients.

I have only explored tuna en casserole, avec cream of mushroom soup etc., quite recently, as it's one of Antiprince's favorites. go figure. if I don't wanna cook, I have to whine piteously or feign illness.

actually, that's not true at all. in fact, if I go into the kitchen and stare balefully at the pantry long enough, he'll come in and a) whomp something up out of nothing or b) suggest one of our many local takeout options.

Rootietoot said...

My mother made this abomination she called "Tuna Wiggle". She used those chow mein noodles, which are great on their own but turn into a startling likeness of dead earthworms after a rain once put in a casserole. SD didn't believe me when I told him that so I made him some and he loudly announced that I was to never do it again.
Therefore, if someone around here wants tuna they have to have it straight from the can, which is tasty with hot sauce.

TullahMarie said...

Not sure if this qualifies as a recipe, but... I get a box of Creamy Garlic Tuna Helper, then add onion, celery, and green peas. Pretty tasty and super easy.

Rootietoot said...

Tullah that's a recipe to me. Anytime you take something and add something else to it, it's a recipe.